Teacher Self-Reflection and Support:
- Recognize your own feelings of stress and being overwhelmed. Consider activities that help you feel calm and implement them within the classroom routine on a more frequent basis.
- Be comfortable asking for help from your Team/Administration as needed.
If you are leading a program, consider ways to support teachers such as:
- Clear, consistent communication especially surrounding new policies/procedures
- Team building activities and opportunities to collaborate between teaching teams
- Encouraging emails
- Thank you cards in mailboxes
- More frequent breaks
- Time for reflection with administration to problem solve challenges as a team
- Establishing a process for requesting support
- Access mental health resources if you are feeling overwhelmed.